Monday, November 28, 2011

Rachel's Emotional Response

In the following clip Rachel and Ross accidentally lock Emma inside of their apartment.
Waiting to Get Inside of the Apartment
Rachel Freaking Out

According to the James-Lange Theory which claims that a person has the perception of the stimulus and then they experience arousal and after that they feel the emotion.

  • With this theory, First rachel realizes that the door is locked and Emma is inside alone. Then her heart starts to race and panic rises and then she starts to feel scared and worried.
According to the Cannon-Bard Theory, which disagrees with the James-Lange theory, says that a person has the perception os the stimulus and then the arousal and feeling of the emotion happen at the same time.

  • With this theory, Rachel realizes Emma is locked inside and her heart starts racing as she becomes scared and worried.
If I was a psychologist I would disagree with both of these statements, I think we experience the emotion and then the arousal occurs. I think the arousal plays off of the emotion. I know when someone jumps out at me I get scared right away and after i realize what going on I realize that my heart stopped for a second and then starts to race.

No comments:

Post a Comment