Monday, November 28, 2011

Personal Reflection

I just wanted to reflect on the class and this activity.

First, I wish the class wasn't at 8am because I'm not quite awake and I wish i would be. The things I have enjoyed about this class is not having a ton of work to do. Knowing the format of tests ahead of time and the review sheets really help because it helps me study effectively for the test. I like that it isn't always a stand and deliver type class. I enjoy working with a group and having discussions as well as doing activities in class that apply to what we are learning. Like the conditioning day, I really understood the  lesson, it made me pay really close attention to what was being said because I was waiting for the word "conditioning" so I could eat some more of my Pixy Stick sugar. I can't believe I was actually salivating, I was even drinking water, I also couldn't believe I was the only one, must have a sweet tooth.

Doing this reflection journal activity was actually pretty fun and helped me understand ideas we talked about in class. It was fun because I was able to watch clips from Friends and have a valid reason to. It was also I really good feeling to be able to apply a concept learned in close to the show because it made me feel pretty smart and it helped me understand the material. When I was studying for tests and certain questions on the test I referred to my blog posts and used them to help me study. I found out that not all my interpretations of the content was correct on here, but I eventually figured out that my explanations weren't entirely accurate but I tried my best to apply the material. I that doing these journal response is an effective form of learning and understanding plus it's nice that we can be creative with it because it sort of makes learning fun.

Overall I've enjoyed this class. It has challenged me and it interests me. I see a lot of connections with this class and my education class. Understanding child behavior will be really important in my career and I like that this class applies to my major. Plus we have a super sweet professor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment