Monday, November 21, 2011

Non-"Friends" Post about Positive Reinforcement

Part of Skinner's Operant Conditioning Theory includes reinforcement and punishment.

Positive Reinforcement is getting something good
Negative Reinforcement is taking away something bad
Positive Punishment is getting something bad
Negative Punishment taking away something good

I noticed with myself that I use positive reinforcement in order to get homework done. An example is that right now I can only make popcorn if I finish two more entries. Let's just say I'm very focused right now. I believe that Skinner's form on conditioning is very effective. I also know if I don't do this assignment I'll receive negative punishment which would be taking away my good grade and positive punishment which would be receiving a bad grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment